Monday, December 22, 2008

2009

So with all of the hustle and bustle of Christmas, I kind of overlooked that a new year is just around the corner. For some silly reason, this brings me joy. It's a chance to be refined, a chance to do things better. I usually do set resolutions, and (surprise) I actually stick to 99% of them! The ones I don't stick to are the ones I can't control...I'm not sure why I think I can do miracles...lol. So for the coming year I will not set unrealistic expectations of myself, but I will strive to be a better individual.
Here's my plan...
1). Be a better witness. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we are here for a purpose, and I strive to be someone that people can see Jesus in. Does that make any sense?

2). Smile more. I don't do it often, but I should. No matter what, there is always something to smile about. I just have to look for it.

3). Stop taking everything so personally. I struggle with this every day. Sometimes people really are just kidding.

4). Every day, brighten someone's day.

These are all I can think of for now, but I think they are a good place to start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night a friend and I were playing what we call "the question game" - basically just asking whatever we want and bouncing answers off each other - and we stumbled upon one that asked us to name someone who had been exceptionally kind.

I said you.
I'm not sure I ever thanked you for the wonderful time I had at your Halloween party! Everybody was so sweet and made me feel so included. I usually feel very uncomfortable in new situations, but I felt right at home the whole time. Thank you.

I admire your resolutions; they are all things I, too, desire. Remember that even when you don't keep them perfectly, God still views you as perfect through Christ!

Angela,
I hope you and Ben have a wonderful Christmas! May you sense the nearness of God more than ever in this upcoming year.

Love,
Jessie

P.S. Your new picture is so cute!

agable said...

Jessie, you are so sweet! You just made my whole day :). I was so excited that you could come to our party, you are a lot of fun and get along really well with everybody. Merry Christmas!

MissElaineous said...

Angela,

I'm making two of your resolutions mine! They fit what I need to start doing perfectly.

Also, your writing style is very readable.