I'm writing in purple font today. Purple is a fun color, and it makes writing about lady issues a little less uncomfortable and perhaps even slightly light-hearted.
The nurse called me back today. About my blood test from two weeks ago. The doctor finally had a chance to look things over, and they're ready to proceed.
The short answer: tests, tests, and more tests. As soon as I start a new cycle I go to the hospital for a hysterosalpingogram (I spelled it right. What a horribly long word). Basically, they are going to inject dye into my fallopian tubes and check for problems. Scaring or blockage from all the miscarriages, mostly. Then, they do yet another blood test. This will be my fourth this year alone. Thank you, Jesus that are deductible has been met! They will be checking for blood clotting issues as well as genetic issues. The more I learn about all they are testing for, the more I am convinced my son is a miracle. An absolute, no doubt about it miracle. Lastly, they will run a blood test on my husband. They'll be checking his blood for the same things.
This all sounds horribly tedious and invasive, but I have to say I'm thankful I found a doctor that is willing to help. After the first two miscarriages, I got one piece of advice: Just try again. Miscarriages are rare. It must have been a chromosomal thing. But I finally have a doctor that says this is not normal. Three losses are not random. We can fix this. I'm oddly encouraged and even somewhat hopeful. Maybe naively so, but I'll take naive hope over defeat any day.
2 comments:
I feel you. My original doctor went as far as to say "two is the new three", and referred me to an RE after my second loss. Granted, one of my many many tests turned out to be wrong, but the other showed a hormonal Imbalance, and I've been addressing it ever since. Praying for you!
I will continue to pray for your questions to be answered. If you ever feel like unloading or just talking, hit me up:)
Post a Comment